April 10, 2019, Top Golf Event Center
The meeting was called to order by Tim Berelsman
Recording of the Members Present – completed
- IFN – Tim Berelsman
- OARnet – Paul Schopis
- OneIT – Mike Ward (Proxy for Kim Gerhart)
- Huntington – Mike Holdcroft
- Horizon – Steve Steele
- Consolidated Electric – Doug Payauys
- Washington Electric – Allen Casto
- Bresco Broadband – Brent Beatty
- Amplex – Brent Beatty (Proxy for Adam Kujawski)
- MetaLink – Phil Maag
- New Knoxville Telephone – Preston Meyer
- Rack Squared – Josh Grabill
- CentraCom – Jason Pontious
- NetGain – Luke Skidmore
- Cologix – Nancy Tiemeier
Approval of Prior Annual Meeting Minutes – Approved
Involta in April 2018
Huntington Bank in April 2018
Racksquared in October 2018
Medina County Fiber in April 2018
Washington Electric in September 2018
All tax and tax-exempt forms and reports have been filed for 2018.
A group came together in 2015 at Cologix to put the Ohio IX together which started in 2016.
- Goal to promote business interest and business communication
- Working with Fastly and Cloudflare to turn up their network with the IX
- Testing with MegaPort
- In 2018 we elected Board Members with staggered starts
- Jason Pontious and Phil Maag were filling in for positions on the board vacated by prior members
- In 2019 we have added Amplex as a new Senior member and added ValTech and Stetson as Associate Members
- There are no new membership fees for 2019 for existing members. New members to the Ohio IX will still pay the standard $3150 for Senior Membership and $500 for Associate.
- We adopted a Remote Switch Operator Agreement to help reach additional members. You must be a Senior Member to be a Remote Switch Operator. A contract is available for interested members.
Election of Directors
The following Board Member’s term is up – Tim Berelsman, Steve Steele and Paul Schopis.
Nominations for the open positions: Tim Berelsman, Adam Kujawski and Brian Riley. All were elected by unanimous consent.
The following temporary positions were voted on and are now permanent positions – Jason Pontious from CentraComm and Phil Maag from MetaLink.
No new business.
Brent Beatty and Doug Payauys discussed the benefits of the Ohio IX for attendees.